United's Datum5i is a highly robust, yet easy to use Windows based software package for tension, compression, and materials testing applications.
When considering a new Universal test machine, evaluating the software that drives your system and the associated ownership costs will be one of the most important considerations to make when purchasing a new test system. Why not choose software that has a proven track record of not only meeting, but exceeding customer expectations?
Cost of Ownership
Datum5i is a cost-effective solution for virtually all UTM test applications.
Datum5i is easy to use and learn. From Advanced users to semi-skilled operators, Datum can be used by virtually anyone.
- After selecting a test method and entering information concerning the test sample, measurements of individual specimens to be tested are entered. “Batch Mode” reduces data entry when specimens have identical dimensions.
- Point and Click to start the test with real time plot. Sophisticated routines set markers and perform calculations in accordance with your test method requirements as set up in the Template Manager.
- Test results are automatically transferred to the MS Access database. This allows you apply the query tools and other powerful resources of MS Access to the analysis of your data. In addition, you can generate publication quality reports and graphs and even transfer data and curves to any compatible spreadsheet program for additional analysis.
- Using the Report Design area, test operators can select what types of information appear on each field of the report.
- Laboratory administrators are able to specify numerous security options for each user of the test system. These options range from what tasks a user is allowed to perform on the test system to what type of data he or she is able to view. DATUM 5 is also multi-lingual, providing for testing in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish as well as offering extensibility to other languages.
- Test results are presented dynamically, allowing the operator to change how test data are presented on-the-fly by changing the components of the graph.
Datum5i Is Backward-Compatible.
- Using the import feature, users who upgrade to version 5.0 from most previous versions of Datum5i can safely import test data, templates, and other settings into the new version with little effort.
Our highly experienced team can work with you to maximize your test applications by writing custom test procedures.
United pioneered the first automatic data acquisition and reduction system to be used in conjunction with physical testing. We also developed the first fully-automatic test system able to test several samples in sequence without operator involvement. These breakthroughs have earned United an enviable reputation as the “Pioneer in Tensile Data Acquisition.”
Our current software platform, Datum5i is a continuation of our commitment to being pioneers in our field.
Datum5i - United's Advanced Software Platform
United’s Datum5i testing software offers solutions from basic force and compression testing to advanced materials testing applications. We can also develop customized software solutions that provide the ultimate in precision machine control, accurate data recording and flexible analysis.
Datum5i provides all the features you want for basic tension and compression measurements, or advanced materials testing applications software in a single station or multi-user network environment. Datum5i provides:
- Precise machine control
- High-speed data acquisition
- Template managers for flexible test method design
- Microsoft Access-based software links with specialized databases to keep test results secure and accessible
- Powerful built-in analysis tools are included or you can design your own
- Generate publication-quality reports that are fully customizable
- Point-and-click operations for basic selections along with clearly defined data fields make DATUM the easy-to-use and flexiable choice for materials testing environments.
Windows® and Access® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.